For the last week or 2, I had been asking my hubby Ed to take the air conditioning system component out of our study room window.
I assumed the icy winds coming in around the side of the air conditioning system unit, & I slept on that edge of the bed; Since I didn’t expect Ed to change sides of the bed with me, or to quit taking all the blankets, I knew I had to get rid of this air conditioning system unit.
While Ed went to town for me, I laid a carpet on the floor & pulled open the window. I thought it was going to be easy to remove the A/C unit, since I was the one who 1st installed it. I had one side of the A/C component lifted over the lip of the window. I was trying to raise the other side up, but nothing happened. No matter how taxing I pulled on the A/C unit, I could not get it lifted up out of the window. I looked around to see if I had missed something, when I felt my hand connect with something sharp. I pulled back my hand, only to see blood coming from several small pinholes. After edging the A/C component forward, I realized my climbing rose bush had grown in through the air vent holes in the back of the A/C unit. I had to lower the window & grab a pair of clippers to split the rose bush away from the A/C unit. It only took an hour to remove the A/C unit, but I made a note on the calendar to get rid of the climbing rose bush before the summer.